Monday, July 28, 2014

Newport

Growing up, it was a family tradition to go to Newport Beach, CA for our summer vacation. The last summer I spent there was in 2008, just days before my dad passed away. I remember how funny and sweet my dad was that trip. It's a memory I'll cherish forever.
We finally made it back to Newport last month with my family. We stayed at the Newport Coast Marriott Villas and had a blast!
Jordan and I worked the first few days, but we were able to go out with everyone else later in the afternoon. 
While we were there we went to Balboa Island. We walked around and looked at all the little shops and stopped to get a frozen banana. (After watching Arrested Development it was a must)


We spent quite a bit of time at either the beach or the pool. The boys had fun boogie boarding, while the girls got their tan on.


One of our favorite days was when we went to Disneyland! It was crowded, but the weather was perfect. We were able to go on all the rides we wanted. Some of my Disneyland favorites: the Diet Coke, Churro's, and Pirates of the Caribbean. Mature, I know!
Another thing we loved was biking along the beach. Jordan and I got a tandem bike and I'll be honest, it scared the crap out of me! Once we got used to it, we had a blast!

The last day we were there, we went to an Angel's game. I don't really pay attention to the game at all, but the hotdogs and kettle corn were delicious! We also got free cowboy hats which we all loved!

We had so much fun with my family! I'm so grateful my mom is brave enough to plan trips to take us on every year! 

No comments:

Post a Comment