Friday, February 17, 2012

Be my Valentine

Let me start out by saying I've become a little obsessed with seasonal decorations. I blame it all on Pinterest! Anyways, I was able to make a few decorations for our place. I'll be honest...I'm pretty proud of myself! I never do stuff like this. They're not much to brag about, but I'm hoping I'll only get better.
(Okay so I didn't make the Love one, but the price tag was what inspired me to make my own! haha)
This was our first Valentine's Day being married, and I loved every minute of it! Yes, we were engaged last year, but it's just not the same (if you know what I mean haha). My sweet husband made reservations at the Macaroni Grill (which just so happens to be one of my favorite restaurants) more than a WEEK BEFORE Valentine's day. I was very impressed! Too bad once we got there they somehow didn't have us on the list and said we'd have to wait for 45 minutes! It's a good thing my husband always gets what he wants because after he angrily spoke to the manager, we were sitting at a table 5 minutes later. Boo yeah! 
@ dinner
After dinner, we headed home to exchange gifts. I got him a Lebron jersey (thanks to a killer deal I found on Ebay) and he got me a Karl Malone jersey. Before you judge us and permanently brand us as "unromantic" let me explain: Jordan has a man crush on Lebron James (don't worry he openly admits this), he is also in love with jerseys, so it only made sense to get him this jersey. When I was in elementary school I was OBSESSED with Karl Malone. I may or may not have come up with a whole plot to get rid of his wife...don't judge me. Jord knew he was one of my faves, which is why he got me his jersey. Anyways, what I'm trying to explain is that in MY opinion these gifts were quite romantic! ha
Oh, I can't forget! My husband  also gave me some BEAUTIFUL roses!
We then changed into our sweats and went to go see The Vow. I was really excited to go to the movies in my sweats and even more excited to see The Vow! It didn't disappoint! We both loved it! I'd also like to mention that although I thought I would, I didn't cry at ALL during the movie. (If you knew the way my new birth control has been making me act lately, you'd be very impressed!)
I'm so lucky to have such an amazing husband. Honestly he's the best! He's constantly thinking of things he can do for me. He's very supportive, caring, selfless, helpful, sweet, and hilarious. Every day I thank my Father in Heaven that I was able to marry my best friend!
I thought it was supposed to be a goofy picture....whoops!

I'm also grateful for my sweet mom. She's always given all of the kids little gifts for Valentine's day. We got some Cutler's cookies (it's a tradition!) and a gift card to Kneaders! Call me biased, but I think I have the best mom in the world! She's amazing, and I can only hope to be half the woman she is one day.
I'm also grateful for my mother-in-law. She gave us a cute cookie decorated with our name on it. It was delicious! She's always thinking of us and doing the nicest things (like bringing me back my favorite cupcake from St. George every time she goes). We're lucky to have such an amazing family!

2 comments:

  1. Wowzers... very impressed with the darling crafts! Now its time we do them together!! And I'm glad you guys had a great valentines day cause it made up for our sucky one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who would have know my cute little Sarah would be such a crafter? Glad you had a great Valentines Day with your wonderful hubbie! Thanks for the shout out! Love you two tons!

    ReplyDelete